Top 10 Summer 2016 Films To See
The summer film season (May to August) is almost here and it’s time to start planning what to see in the coming months. Now, it’s entirely possible some of these films will be a bust, but I’d wager a majority of them will be worth the price of admission. On with the list!
- Captain America: Civil War- If the reviews are any indication, we’re in for a real treat May 6 (or May 5 for the us early show film geeks).
- Suicide Squad- Batman, a new Joker, and the live-action big screen debut of Harley Quinn. What’s not to like?
- X-Men: Apocalypse- I’m a big fan of Bryan Singer’s X-Men films so I will totally be in line for the latest installment.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows- As a child of the 80’s and 90’s, I cannot wait to see Krang and Bebop & Rocksteady in a TMNT movie. The inclusion of fan favorite Casey Jones doesn’t hurt either.
- Star Trek Beyond- The first trailer doesn’t inspire much confidence, but a new Trek film is always cause for celebration (especially in the franchise’s 50th anniversary).
- The Legend of Tarzan- This one could easily be a bloated mess, but I’m a sucker for pulp adventure movies.
- Kubo and the Two Strings- Laika’s latest stop-motion animated release looks like yet another winner.
- Café Society- Woody Allen’s new Hollywood period piece looks an interesting change of pace for the accomplished filmmaker.
- The Secret Life of Pets- This new animated film looks delightful and is sure to be a huge hit. I’d be shocked if this doesn’t spark a new franchise.
- The Conjuring 2- The first film was a welcome surprise for horror fans and this sequel looks positively creepy.
Other Titles To Watch Out For: “Finding Dory,” “The Nice Guys,” “The Purge: Election Year,” and “Jason Bourne.”
No comments yet.