Top 10 Romantic Movies
With Valentine’s Day a few days away, couples everywhere are watching romantic films together in droves. In order to prevent people from seeing some truly bad ones (of which there is many), I thought I’d help readers out by offering up my own personal favorite romantic films in no particular order. On with the list!
- Before Sunrise- Whenever I think of a romantic movie, this one always comes to mind first. Richard Linklater, Ethan Hawke, and Julie Delpy are simply a dynamic team.
- Free Enterprise- For my fellow geeks out there, might I recommend this criminally overlooked movie? “Free Enterprise” isn’t strictly a romantic comedy as there is a lot going on here, but the relationship between Robert and Claire is both charming and pivotal to the plot.
- The Apartment- While a bit on the dark side at times, this ahead of its time Billy Wilder film ultimately has a sweet romantic story between Bud and Fran.
- Singin’ In The Rain- One of the best musicals ever made is also one of the best romantic movies ever made.
- Marty- Ernest Borgnine was never better than he was in this touching film about a romance between a butcher and a teacher.
- Roman Holiday- A classic bittersweet forbidden love story that features note perfect performances by Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck.
- Wall-E- How can you not be moved by Pixar’s robotic love story?
- Casablanca- Duh.
- Sideways- Again, this is another film that is much more than a romantic comedy, but the relationship between Miles and Maya is undoubtedly emotional.
- Her- “And now for something completely different.” Spike Jonze’s deeply underappreciated film centered around a romance between a man and an operating system may not be for everyone, but it’s a unique film that stands as one of the best films of the past 17 years.
No comments yet.