10 Random Recommendations Part 2
Back in February, I posted a list of 10 random recommendations (link here: https://dvdcorner.net/2016/02/10/10-random-recommendations/) of things I treasure and I figured it was time for a follow-up. Much like last time, this list covers a variety of things such as YouTube series, movies, a podcast, comic books, a soda, a board game, a TV series and an album. I simply want to get the word out about this stuff so that others can enjoy it as much as I have. So, without further adieu…
- Comic Trips- A funny and delightful YouTube series in which a couple (Paul and Kat) hit the road in search of toys, comics, and collectibles. How or why this addicting series hasn’t amassed a larger fanbase is beyond me.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dice Masters- Whether you already play the collectible Dice Masters game or have yet to pull the trigger on it, this new set release is a must buy as it includes everything you need to play a full two-player game.
- Bondcast- James Bond aficionados are encouraged to check out this fun podcast in which hosts Jimmy Mac, Jason Swank, and Jonathan Wilkins analyze each film in chronological order.
- Frozen (2010)- No, I’m not talking about the uber popular 2013 animated Disney film. I’m talking about director Adam Green’s underrated ski lift horror gem.
- Ultimate Comics Spider-Man/Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man- I’ve long been a Brian Michael Bendis fan and his Miles Morales Spider-Man run is just one of the many superb comic series he has penned. Note: The trade paperbacks are available for both series.
- Universal Monsters: The Essential Collection Blu-ray- If you’re a fan of horror, monsters, and or classic movies, it doesn’t get much better than this incredible Blu-ray box set featuring “Dracula” (English and Spanish versions), “Frankenstein,” “The Mummy (1932),” “Bride of Frankenstein,” “The Invisible Man,” “The Wolf Man,” “Creature From The Black Lagoon,” and 1943’s “The Phantom of the Opera.”
- Surge- The beloved tasty 90’s soda has returned in 16oz can form. Need I say more?
- Weezer: White Album- I’ll never miss an opportunity to plug a new Weezer album. They are one of my favorite bands (if not my favorite).
- Collider Heroes- This Jon Schnepp hosted weekly roundtable YouTube talk show about comic books and comic movies is appointment viewing.
- Battlebots- If you love real robot battles (and who doesn’t?), check out the new season of this endlessly entertaining series on ABC June 23, 2016
No comments yet.