Top 10 Most Anticipated TV Series Of 2017
While there are many films to anticipate in 2017, there may be even more to look forward to in the world of TV. This year will see buzzed about new series, the long awaited return of some of TV’s current best shows, and the resurrection of some of the greatest series and franchises of all time. While I could have easily done a top 20 here, I narrowed it down to just 10. On with the list!
- Twin Peaks- David Lynch has been absent from the world of film and TV since “Inland Empire” and his presence has been greatly missed. Luckily, Lynch is about to make a major return as he revisits the weird and wonderful of “Twin Peaks.” Regardless of how the show turns out, it will be a treat to see the one of a kind Lynch back in action.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000- In the not too distant future the funniest series of all time is finally set to return with a new cast after an 18 year hiatus. This cannot come soon enough.
- Star Trek: Discovery- After a LONG 12 year break since the last episode of “Enterprise” aired, Star Trek is about to return to where it belongs- television. Given the lack of space opera or space centric shows on the air, this couldn’t have come at a better time.
- The Defenders- Few things will be more exciting this year than this Marvel Netflix superhero team series that brings together Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and probably more characters. As an added bonus, Sigourney Weaver will be the villain (don’t know who yet).
- Iron Fist- I know this list has a lot of Marvel Netflix series, but there’s a reason for that. They’re just that good. Compared to the other characters, this mystic martial arts centric series looks to be something entirely different from the rest and I for one can’t wait to see it.
- The Terror- AMC + Dan Simmons + A Monster= A recipe for success (hopefully).
- The Punisher- For years I have felt The Punisher character would work best in a dark, gritty, and violent series. We are finally going to get that show sometime this year on Netflix.
- Fargo- I could have easily put “Stranger Things,” “Master of None,” or any number of great returning shows here, but the third season of “Fargo” has me the most intrigued. I have no idea what direction they are going in with the story or characters and I can’t wait to discover it on my own when it airs.
- American Gods- This adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s beloved book could be the next big thing for both Starz and genre fans.
- The Inhumans- I’m very curious to not only see this Marvel ABC series, but to see how this whole IMAX deal plays out. This could be the start of something very promising between TV series and movie theaters.
No comments yet.